Monday, October 24, 2011

to all the kids applying for internships - don't be retard

i've been appalled by the applicants for an internship at my company. i seriously don't know what's wrong with kids these days, but here are a few pointers.

-if you're applying for an INTERNSHIP, your resume should only be 1 page
-there should be zero spelling mistakes on your resume
-if you're a designer, sending a word doc resume isn't acceptable. are you a designer or an accountant?
-if english isn't your first language, you should really have someone look over your docs
-if someone asks you for a resume, cover letter and work samples, send what they're asking for
-your files shouldn't be 19mgs that take my computer 5 minutes to load
-if my name is in the job ad, i expect your cover letter to be addressed to me and especially not to "mr. tandry"

i am grateful for my portfolio class now even though the teacher was an ass.

ugh!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home