Thursday, February 17, 2011

Reminiscing

I went to Bowery ballroom last night for the first time in forever. In fact, it's been so long since I hung out in that neighborhood I had to look up directions on how to walk there. It's still one of my favorite venues, even though beer prices have ballooned to $7. It opened when I was 16, and I used to get to shows way early in the day and camp out on the sidewalk just so I could get front row. I actually sat on the sidewalk. Way before whole foods was even a thought in ny, burger king was the only food option a few blocks away. I miss that new York a lot.

No real point to this, but I was sitting by the door last night and smirking at jackasses who walked in and were like, this is my first time here! I kind of miss hanging out in that hood, although I know the reality of it is too different from my recollection of it, as evidenced the few times I do venture into the city. It was so much more fun just 3-4 years ago.

1 Comments:

Blogger James Alviz said...

Love your blog. Pls follow mine: http://jamesalviz.blogspot.com

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home