Wednesday, January 28, 2009

who does this, round 221

i went to yoga class today. getting there is harrowing enough, i have to take 3 trains am stressed about getting there on time. so, i pretty much like to relax as soon as i step in the door. i got a blanket and put it on the floor to save my spot. 5 minutes later, i came out of the dressing room and some lady was in my spot and i couldn't see my blanket. so i said ok... as i was untying my mat. i saw a blanket in the back row and thought maybe she'd shoved it there. she turned around and asked if she'd taken my spot and offered to move, i said no no, it's not a problem. there was, afterall, plenty of space. then a guy in the back row said he'd left the blanket to save a spot for his girlfriend AS ONE DOES, RIGHT. i said ok again and plonked my mat down in the corner. so not only did this lady take my spot, she also took my blanket?? is it not known from the age of 5 onwards that leaving something of yours in a place constitutes saving your spot? wtf?? i would have been happy to change spots if she'd waited until i came back and asked me then.

i felt some shame at being irritated and unyogic at a freaking yoga class, but seriously. it's a constant battle trying to remain calm in a city such as ny. i just did some very deep, loud breathing in the corner and luckily did a pretty cool transition for the first time and left feeling fine.

2 Comments:

Blogger stellagee said...

first of all, i'm really proud of you!

second, i wish you were able to read finnish, because a similar thing happened to a friend of mine, and since it was body pump and not yoga, the composure assumed was less demanding. the first encounter ended with my friend remarking "you should try sweating once in your lifetime" and the second "fuck off bitch!"

i'm glad i've still avoided exercise.

(my word verification is ferocia, how fitting...)

5:46 PM  
Blogger snarkylush said...

you could hardly blame her, i bet the adrenaline was a pumpin. ferosh indeed.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home